Uninstall of Oracle 7.3 on Solaris 2.6

From: Perry J. Hoekstra <dutchman_at_mn.uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 13:52:00 -0500

Greet the sun all,

How do you uninstall a Oracle 7.3 Work Group Server? I scanned this group within DejaNews and found no postings. The Oracle Installer for the software installs but has no uninstall option and the documentation does not address this need. It is the same for orainstall found on the server. The new Oracle Installer for Oracle 8 does not recognize that an Oracle 7 installation exists. I want a fresh install of Oracle 8, not a migration from Oracle 7.3 so that is why I am heading down this road.

Perry Hoekstra
Consultant
Talent Software Services
dutchman_at_mn.uswest.net Received on Tue Sep 01 1998 - 13:52:00 CDT