Best laid plans... HELP!!!

From: Rick Carroll <rcarroll_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1 Sep 1998 18:35:42 GMT

I wanted to roll my database back using a cold backup. The problem is that one of my (we're using unix cooked filesystems) filesystems was missed in the backup... I have already restored everything except the one file system (the tablespace contains 26 small tables). now when I try to start, the systems complains about the control file being older than the "data3" (My filesystem) and won't open the database. we have tried recovering, we have tried using the recover until option... What can we do to get this thing sane again??

Rick Carroll Received on Tue Sep 01 1998 - 13:35:42 CDT