Examining Host Variables

From: Boo <Boo_at_boogie-the-cat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 15:50:12 +0100

Dear All,

Does anyone know how to examine the contents of SQL host variables in programs that use the Oracle precompiler.

I have a SQL statement in a PRO*COBOL program that utilises input host variables. When I examine the SQL using V$SQLAREA, only the host variable name is displayed. I need to know what value has been assigned to the host variable.

Altering the program to output the values is not an options as the code is generated !

Thanks

Peter Received on Tue Sep 01 1998 - 09:50:12 CDT