Re: Tuning Financials on NT

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_acay.com.au>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 22:47:29 +1000

robbiel_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> I think that the RAID5 isn't implemeted in the right way (logfiles,archived
> logfiles and temorary tablespace on RAID5) and that I am having
> problems with IO how can I check the performance of these RAID drives ( In
> Oracle or NT )

RAID5 is not good for keeping the online log files. Put them in a RAID1 partition (striped) and use the inbuilt mirroring in ORACLE to safekeep them (you may need 2 RAID1 partitions). Missing that, put them in a NTFS or FAT partition but not in RAID5.

This will not improve the performance dramatically. You'r better off looking at what is running via CM and how well tuned the code is, rather than fiddling with the hardware. You stand to gain more.

HTH
--
Cheers
Nuno Souto