Question on ProC/C++.

From: ngpl <ngpl_at_cyberway.com.sg>
Date: 1 Sep 1998 06:32:56 GMT

Hello,

Thanks in advance.
I have a header file that contains all the constant that would be used later.
I need to put in the declare section so that the precompiler can 'see' these
constant when it was being used.

In DbConstant.H :
EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
    const MSG_LEN = 10;

EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION; In test1.C :
EXEC INCLUDE DbConstant.H;
EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;

    char Buffer[MSG_LEN];  <------------------used here.

EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION; This works fine. I just have to precompile both DbConstant.H and test1.C But now I have another file test2.C that wants to use MSG_LEN but does not use any oracle stuff. The problem now is that I still need to EXEC INCLUDE DbConstant.H in my test2.C and precompile these files in order to make it work.

Does anybody has any suggestion on how to solve this problem? Thanks for your patience in reading this massive chunk of stuff. By the way, is there any good book on ProC/C++ programming?

Thanks. Received on Tue Sep 01 1998 - 01:32:56 CDT