Serious trouble with performance under NT4.0

From: Denis Crespe <denis.crespe_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 17:42:48 +0200

Hi,

I use Oracle 7.3.4 and NT4.0 (PC dual Pentium II 300 , 512 MB RAM). I have a user with a schema including near of 300 tables. When I write a select statment between 3 tables ( 100.000 rows, 300 rows ans 1000 rows ), I am 10 seconds waiting for.

I guess I had not the trouble with Oracle 7.1.3. May be it is a internal parameter of the Oracle Server.

Oracle corp says their own server doesn't work very well under NT, is it true ?

Thank-you

Denis Crespe Received on Mon Aug 31 1998 - 10:42:48 CDT