[?] Schemas, Namespace, and Projects

From: Bradley G. Smith <bgsmith/nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 98 07:54:59 -0800

I am relatively new to Oracle. I am also building a set of analysis tools for in-house use with data in Oracle instances. These analysis tools will be used in the context of Projects that are worked on by teams. During the analysis process numerous tables are created by the team. Table lifetimes vary from hours to months. These are in addition to the "core" corporate data tables.

I have found that that controlling namespace for these project-related tables is difficult in Oracle. I would like to create a schema for each project and then have the analysis tools place project-related tables in that schema with access grants to all project members. It seems however, that a schema is tied explicitly to a user id and cannot be created independantly of user ids. Is there a mechanism for controlling table namespace other than schemas?

Thanks,

Brad Received on Mon Aug 31 1998 - 10:54:59 CDT