Geting the resultset out of a PROCEDURE INTO A select statement

From: dfrank <dfrank_at_fallet.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 17:25:56 +0200

Hi,

I need help for the following problem:
I have a procedure which returns a CURSOR. I would like to issue a SELECT in SQLPlus which displays its contents. Something like this:
/* My Type as a CURSOR Variable*/

TYPE MYCUR IS REF CURSOR;
/* MY Procedure doing the select */

CREATE PROCEDURE GET_CUR(db_mycur IN OUT MYCUR) AS BEGIN
   OPEN db_mycur for
    SELECT * FROM A;
END;
/* MY SELECT Statement which calls the PROCEDURE and returns
  the result of the CURSOR */
SELECT * FROM GET_CUR; ???? As you can see, I don't know how this select has to look like.

Thanks for your help

Stefan Fallet (sfallet_at_fallet.com) Received on Mon Aug 31 1998 - 10:25:56 CDT