Re: ORA-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_no.spam.iac.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 12:38:35 GMT

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998 07:43:31 GMT, teodord_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>I knew the alias for the local database.
>In fact that alias is "2:" and not "z:".
>
>But I've created the database alias for
>the local database through TCP/IP, just
>to simulate the access of my database
>from exterior.
>It seems that only one client can access
>my database through TCP/IP at a given
>moment in time.
>
>Thanks for the post!
>Dori

I could be wrong, but I thought that was what made it 'personal'. Only one user can connect at a time. I have never used it myself, so this may not be the case, but I think I remember reading that somewhere.

--
Mark Wagoner
To reply, remove no.spam from my e-mail address Received on Mon Aug 31 1998 - 07:38:35 CDT