Pooling or Connecting Back to Session

From: Rob Edgar <robedgar_at_hkstar.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 18:13:45 +0800

We are using 7.3.3.6 running on NT.

I have been told it is possible (though not how) to be able to set some parameter so that you can disconnect and reconnect back to a session, ie the session doesnt get killed when an application closes but after some timeout period. If the same user comes back before the timeout he gets given back his old session, advantage being that there isnt the usual time delay in creating a new session.

OK not exactly earth shattering. So this is sometime called pooling, I am just trying to be careful in desribing exactly what I have been told<g>...... My understanding is that pooling only works with MTS and that MTS isnt available on NT but then again I might be wrong.

Anyone know better

Rob Received on Mon Aug 31 1998 - 05:13:45 CDT