OAS 4.0 Installation problems

From: Software-Schmiede <info_at_sw-schmiede.co.at>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:57:14 GMT

Hi there!

Any experience with OAS 4.0 on NT?
I have been trying to install OAS version 4.0.5 and 4.0.4 since many days now. One of my problems is, that the installation process is buggy. With both versions I have the same problem installing ORB. Everytime, and I tried a lot,
like removing any unnecessary app and registry entry, complete clean reinstallation of oracle, the utility updatetcl is crashing. I tried two different mashines with the same result. The installer is going on, but ORB seems not to be installed correctly. First, all message files are not copied (I don´t know what they are for, but I get errors without them), second, I am not able to start my site with the OAS Manager. Only one tip at olab.com helped me to get ORB running manually. But the OAS shows me, that nothing in the Application List is running, including the WRB, even if I see the processes running in the task manager. I've tried the sample java programms, and they seemed to run, even if OAS is telling me nothing is running except ORB, which I started manually with mnorbctl.cgi. But now as trying my OWS2.1 Servlets I always get internal errors (no error number!) , even the samples dont work anymore. The Listener seems to work correctly, but if I try to get an overview oasadmin.exe crashes.
I tried the misterous utility updatetcl manually, and no matter what parameters I pass, if they make sense or not, I get Dr. Watson, if they reach a certain length (5-10 chars as I remember). So for me there is a annoying bug.

ciao
Martin Wöginger Received on Mon Aug 31 1998 - 05:57:14 CDT