[Q]: Identifying Client and Server Ports of a connection

From: S Ramakrishnan <rk_at_bmc.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 08:53:31 -0700

Hi -

Environment:

        Server: Oracle 8.0.3 and Oracle 7.3
        OS:       NT4.0

Problem:

I need to identify the server side and client side TCP port of all the existing connections to the database server.

Is this information stored in the database somewhere (it should be !) ? I checked the v$session table - it has two fields that look interesting - PADDR and SADDR. They seem to contain encoded info about the client side and server TCP addresses (ip-address, portno). However, I am unable to decode the fields.

Specific Questions:

Thanks !

Rk

---
S Ramakrishnan, BMC Software Inc., Sunnyvale, Ca