Re: Oracle import column buffer too small

From: <mjain_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 09:20:10 GMT

You can user BUFFER parameter during import. Specify a large buffer close to 100000 and retry. See if it works, if it does not then increase it by 20000 and again try. Repeat in case you get error.

-----Information related to error message---> IMP-00020 long column too large for column buffer size num

Cause: The column buffer is too small. This usually occurs when importing LONG data.

Action: Increase the insert buffer size 10,000 bytes at a time (for example) up to 66,000 or greater. Use this step-by-step approach because a buffer size that is too large may cause a similar problem.

Hope this helps,

Manoj Jain