Re: NT File System

From: Steven Cruz <stevenc_at_istar.ca>
Date: 1998/08/29

Hello;

    Actually the master device is the busiest device there is. The master database keeps track of data pages and such. Also, Sybase will not guarantee a good restore from file system, since it can not guarantee a write to disk. Another thing to remember is that if your query requires more disk reads than your OS has cached, the dataserver process will be put to sleep until your IO is complete. This may not only hurt your query, but hurt all the other queries run at that time.