Re: Database cloning

From: Sven Jensen <sven.jensen_at_provi.de>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 23:49:10 GMT

In article <6rhkdp$krj$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, lofftjm_at_itec.suny.edu wrote:
>Can anyone supply me with, or point me to a location that has information
>about cloning Oracle databases? The Oracle manuals do not have it listed
>as a topic in the index and I was only able to come up with limited
>information from Oracle's Metalink.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Joseph Lofft
>lofftjm_at_itec.suny.edu

There is a document concerning this topic. I found it on the german server of oracle customer support. It is about cloning a V 6 database but also works on V7 with some minor changes, but you should reconize them by your own.

I don't actually know the No. or title now as I am in holidays, but I could post it next week.

Sven Jensen

System- & Databaseadministrator
GTO mbh
Hamburg/Germany Received on Sat Aug 29 1998 - 18:49:10 CDT