Re: SQL STATEMENT

From: <Mujeeb_ur_Rehman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 13:09:26 GMT

Hi :)

The function which will help u out is NVL. Do like this.

Select field1,field2,field3
from mytable
where  field1 = nvl(myinput1,field1) and
       field2 = nvl(myinput2,field2) and
       field3 = nvl(myinput3,field3)

Now what will happen is that when the input vairable is null then field will be matched with field and if the input vairable is not null then field will be matched with input varaible.

Hope this gets u started.