Re: PL/SQL Stored Procedure & Result Sets

From: Bob Withers <bwit_at_pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 07:52:34 -0500

In article <1998082911284100.HAA01244_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>, dieselm_at_aol.com says...
> Hello,
>
> Is there any way to return a result set in an Oracle stored procedure? I can do
> this easily in MS SQL server by just putting a select statement in the stored
> procedure.
>
> I'm using Oracle 8 on NT.

I expect that many people will tell you that cursor ref variables are how Oracle intends for this to be done. I think that this is a very specialized soloution with nowhere near the flexibility of the Sybase or SQL Server implementation.

My response is that you will not get them to work in Oracle the way you'd like them to work.

--

Bob Withers                      Do or do not, there is no try
bwit_at_pobox.com                                         Yoda