Re: Personal Oracle8 & Delphi - how to connect ?

From: <tomscott_at_abac.com>
Date: 1998/08/28

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998 11:05:44 +0200, "Jarek Palka" <triss_at_zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl> wrote:

>I can't connect from Delphi3 C/S to Personal Oracle8. I don't know how can I
>set SERVER NAME in driver configuration in BDE. With Personal Oracle 7 it
>was magic key 2:, but it doesn't work with PO8. Leaving this field blank
>doesn't help. I tried to set up alias to local database with Net8 Easy
>Config using Bequeth protocol but this doesn't work too.

Try the following settings:

DLL = SQLD_ORA.DLL
VENDORINIT = SQLORA32.DLL or SQLORA8.DLL (see note below) NET PROTOCOL = TNS
SERVER NAME = :2 We have discovered a bug (and Inprise has acknowledged as one) with SQLORA8.DLL and/or SQLORA32.DLL, BDE 5, and Oracle 8.04. Basically, REF CURSORS with this configuration and Delphi 4 do not work. However, since you are using D3, you should have no problems, providing you use SQLORA32.DLL. Do NOT use SQLORA8.DLL if you have BDE 5, as this will not work with Ref Cursors/Packaged procedures. Received on Fri Aug 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT