Oracle equivalent to unix 'su - username'... connecting as someone else

From: <oracle_at_nettwerk.com>
Date: 1998/08/28

Hi there-

I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me...

I have been granted DBA privs on an Oracle 8.0.5 database, and after connecting as DBA, would like to connect as another user in that database... but I don't want to have to know their password.

Similar to 'su - username' as root on a unix box.

Any ideas?

I have to do some work in some schemas while a couple of people are on vacation (no passwords!), and I can't just change the password without breaking some other things like OAS links, etc. Being able to "su" would be way easier.

Thanks ....

...jeff Received on Fri Aug 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT