ODBC to Oracle

From: Rafael Engelhardt <Rafael.Engelhardt_at_t-online.de>
Date: 28 Aug 1998 20:12:51 GMT

I'm a Oracle newcomer. I know MS-SQL Server, and there all I need to acceess a database is a few DLL's (3) and I'm done. I can even set all this up automatically, so my user's dont have to enter a thing in installation programs, etc.

From everything I've read so far, with Oracle 7 I need a 10 MB ODBC driver installation, with SQL*Net ,a.s.o., and the setup is pretty cryptical to me.

Isn't there an easy way to get to an Oracle Database, using TCP/IP. All I want is to read data, no update, no locking, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Rafael Engelhardt Received on Fri Aug 28 1998 - 15:12:51 CDT