Re: Loading a DLL from Oracle 8

From: sm <sm_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 01:31:57 GMT

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:27:11 -0400, "Mel Christie" <mel_at_puregoodness.com> wrote:

>How do you load a DLL from Oracle 8 so that the DLL procedures can be
>called with the DLL already loaded rather than loading a new instance of
>the DLL when each DLL procedure is run? I need the global variables in the
>DLL to be remembered as each DLL procedure is run...
>
>Regards
>
>Mel Christie

Create a plsql package to hold these global variables. These variables will remain unique for each session and will persist for as long as the session exists.

The reason the external procedures interface unloads the dll is simply because the last thing one would want is unwanted dlls hanging around on the server eating resources.

-sm Received on Fri Aug 28 1998 - 20:31:57 CDT