Re: Oracle OFA standards

From: Siphiwe Memela <siphiwe_at_cm.co.za>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 12:46:31 +0200

Gerard H. Pille wrote:

> You need a symbolic link in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs, pointing to
> $ORACLE_BASE/admin/<sid>/pfile/init<sid>.ora:

Shocking! But I've done it. Why does Oracle not provide a way of changing the path to initSID.ora if they want it to be in a different directory. This is crazy and I passionately dislike symbolic links.

Thank you very much.

--

Siphiwe Muziwenkosi Memela              <siphiwe_at_cm.co.za>
Computer Management (Pty) Ltd.        Durban, South Africa