Question: amount of data in 1 read constrained by os-limit?

From: Jeroen van Sluisdam <Jeroen.van.Sluisdam_at_vrijuit.nl>
Date: 28 Aug 1998 08:35:55 GMT

Hi,

Probably this question is more appropiate for a Unix-group, but hopefully
somebody here knows the answer. I have an Oracle db with a 8K block-size

and a multi_block_read_count of 32 so this would be 256K of data that can be read in a single read. My problem is how do I determine if really

256K can be read or my OS constrains this to a certain amount and which amount
this is (think about unix block sizes etc..)

Data: HP-UX 10.01

         Oracle 7.3.2.3
         Multi-block_read_count 32
         Block_size 8K

Thanks,

Jeroen Received on Fri Aug 28 1998 - 03:35:55 CDT