Help on Replication !

From: B Krisna Yuliyanto D N <bkrisna_at_cabi.net.id>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 14:14:44 +0700

Hi all !

We have a Intranet application using ORACLE 7.3 as a Back-End Server. For that, we make a replication as a backup server in case that the main server is down.
I made the replication in the AFTER_INSERT_TRIGGER for every Table, so every record inserted in both Main Server and Replicate server. The Database Configuration of both server are same since I was using export/import for Database creation for the replication server. But currently the Hardware Configuration is different between those 2 server. The Main is with 128 MB RAM and the replicate with 95 MB. The connection between 2 server is using SQL*Net through TCP/IP. The Problem is that this make the application running slow, when I activate the replication (with setup a parameter file to 'Y'), otherwise it's working fine. How can I make this application working fine with the replication ? What should I do ? What kind of improvement should I do? What will be the main factor that affect the performance ?

TIA, --
B Krisna Yuliyanto D N Received on Fri Aug 28 1998 - 02:14:44 CDT