attaching file in unix email

From: Johnny Tjokro <tjokroj_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1998/08/27

Hi..
Does anybody know how to attach file in unix email environment ?

I need to email files from unix operating system.

I have tried

cat filename.dat | mail user_at_server.com

But, it is not what I wanted to do. Because the script above just emailing the content of the file.
What I need is to attach the file to the email. If there is a way to do this, I need to know also how
to attach more that one file (ie: 4 or 5 file at a time) in the Unix email environment.

Any help would be appreciated. Received on Thu Aug 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT