Re: Help! - OCP DBA - Books/Training Classes, etc...

From: OraCLeDbA <oracle_dba_at_zdnetmail.com>
Date: 1998/08/27

I got my certification several months ago. I took one class (SQL) from Oracle and decide that studying the Documentation is more important. If you can, try to get a class material for the four classes (SQL, DBA, Backup, Performance), and then read lots of manuals. When you prepare for the test, try to question yourself very hard question. For example, when you prepare for the Backup test, tried to think of every single detail about how to crash the database and of course, know how to recover it in whatever situation. If you prepare yourself very hard, you will find the tests pretty easy!

Do email me if you have problem.

OraCLeDbA
oracle_dba_at_zdnetmail.com

Ajay Arora wrote in message <35E60D06.7C22D8FF_at_flash.net>...
>Hi Jay,
>I also got my certification recently, but I took only the Oracle Backup &
>Recovery class. I practiced a lot on my machine which is s Sun sparc 2 and
>crashed it like 7 times a week and even made some foolish mistakes.
>
>According to me, the key to OCP is lot of study of manuals and hands on
>practice.
>Well, that is all I can say. still if you want to talk, write me a mail.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ajay Arora
>aarora_at_flash.net
>
>Diebold wrote:
>
>> Jay,
>>
>> I recently got my Oracle certification, and the Oracle certification
 given
>> by the Chauncey group. The book you mention was not out yet, so here is
 how
>> I went about it.
>>
>> I took the four classes (Intro to SQL, DBA, Backup and Recovery,
 Performance