Re: Which database language to learn?

From: Ng K C Paul <paulkcng_at_news.netvigator.com>
Date: 1998/08/27

You should also learn JAVA, VBA, C/C++

Jerry Gitomer (jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com) wrote:
: Hi Carolyn,
:
: Why do you ask which you should learn?
:
: I think you should be asking which should I learn FIRST! Go out and
: talk to some headhunters, er, personnel placement counselors. Find out
: where the demand is best in the market you are in. Be aware that you are
: talking about two different classes of product. Both Oracle and MS-SQL
: where designed to be used as client/server systems while Access was intended
: to be a single user desktop DBMS..
:
: I recommend that you focus on either MS-SQL or Oracle and as soon as you
: are comfortable with your initial choice start learning the other.
:
: regards
:
: Jerry
:
:
:
: Carolyn Levin wrote in message ...
: >I'm confused. I don't know which database language to learn. I'm an
: >engineer trying to make a career change to computer programmer.
: >
: >What are the differences between Oracle, MS-SQL and MS-Access???
: >
: >With what language would I find the most entry-level positions?
: >
: >Any advise would be appreciated!
: >
: >Carolyn