Re: enable/disable constraint, rebuild index

From: Daniel Clamage <dclamageNOSPAM_at_telerama.com>
Date: 27 Aug 1998 18:14:52 -0400

  1. Capture the storage parameters before disabling the primary/unique constraint.
  2. Supply them when enabling the constraint. It's important to name the constraint so the index will have a meaningful name (otherwise you get SYS_Cxxxxx). Also specify the tablespace in which to build the index. Remember that the default is to use the user's default tablespace, and the default storage parameters for that tablespace. Usually, that's not what you want. -- - Dan Clamage http://www.telerama.com/~dclamage If you haven't crashed the Server, you haven't been trying hard enough.

Winnie Liu <poohland_at_hotmail.com> wrote in article <6rt3kg$5sm_at_dfw-ixnews9.ix.netcom.com>...