Performance monitoring and reporting

From: Barry L. Wallis <Barry.L.Wallis_at_cpmx.saic.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:27:38 -0700

I am on a project where we will be modeling user transactions and stress = testing several Oracle applications (both in the specific OA sense and = in the general sense). We currently have Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) = and are attempting to use that for our reporting. We would like to = report on resource usage over time rather than point-in-time performance = tuning. In other words we would like to produce graphs that have time = across the X axis and resource consumption on the Y axis. Since we will = be doing load testing simulating different numbers of users we would = also like to produce graphs that have the number of users on the X axis = and resource consumption on the Y axis.

Can we get that from OEM? If not, what tools would you recommend?

Finally, there does not seem to be Print command under the File menu. Is = there any way to print the graphs other than doing a screen print?

--
Barry L. Wallis, Senior Systems Engineer Science Applications International Corporation 4161 Campus Point Court
San Diego, CA 92121

voice: (619) 646-9891, fax: (619) 646-9327 mailto: Barry.L.Wallis_at_cpmx.saic.com