What is the Ex.No. for Oracle OCP Testing Discount + Some Bitching

From: <mr_aoi_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:07:26 GMT

Question:

I will be traveling to LA next week, while I am in LA I want to take the OCP examinations (in english). When I called Oracle Examination Line they told me that there is a 25% discount if I can tell them the "extenstion" number from the Oracle Magazine. I live in the Japan, nobody here has ever seen an Oracle magazine! Can anyone tell me the extension number I must quote to get the 25% discount ? glenn.cadman_at_sap-ag.de

Bitching: Also I have done the practice examinations, after 9 years oracle DBA experience I can only suggest that passing these examinations is only proof of "technical understanding" which is only 25-50% of what an Profession Oracle DBA is (well what I did when I was an Oracle DBA). But now I am a "old man" at 31, if I dont get Certified I will look second class to those younger guys who do have certification! What about real life questions like how to make the 1000+ OLTP users happy while the entire executive management wants to run realtime EIS which full scans every huge table in the DB twice!

Regards Glenn
SAP Basis Consultant (esp. Oracle)

My opinions probably directly oppose those of my employer.