Discount for OCP Examination, is it $worth$ it?

From: <mr_aoi_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:07:22 GMT

I wanted to take the Oracle Certified Professional Examination. I know that I can get a discount of 25% if I quote an extension number which is found in the Oracle magazine. Can anyone tell me that extension number ?

Is it worth the price to be Certified ?, if you have 10 years Oracle DBA experience are seen by your clients or employeer as a "better" DBA than non certified DBA's? After doing the practice examinations, OCP appears only to be a test of technical know-how, not a real indicator of the full range of problem solving, planning and organization skills need by a professional DBA?

Can I suggest OCP is a bit like McDonalds, people eat there not because they like the food but because its quick, not so expensive and they wont get food poisoning!