Re: Personal Oracle8 & Delphi - how to connect ?

From: Keith Boulton <boulke_at_globalnet.co.nospamuk>
Date: 1998/08/26

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998 11:05:44 +0200, "Jarek Palka" <triss_at_zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl> wrote:

>I can't connect from Delphi3 C/S to Personal Oracle8. I don't know how can I
>set SERVER NAME in driver configuration in BDE. With Personal Oracle 7 it
>was magic key 2:, but it doesn't work with PO8. Leaving this field blank
>doesn't help. I tried to set up alias to local database with Net8 Easy
>Config using Bequeth protocol but this doesn't work too.

Not sure I can help, but I suspect that delphi does not support net8. The 2: referred to is a sqlnet version 1 connect string which is not supported by Oracle 8.
I would expect Personal Oracle 8 and Delphi C/S to both support sqlnet version 2. I had a similar problem to this which I solved by copying the tnsnames.ora file for <oracle home>/net8/admin to <oracle home>/network/admin Received on Wed Aug 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT