Re: Personal Oracle8 & Delphi - how to connect ?

From: <gpdoyon_at_maine.rr.com>
Date: 1998/08/26

I use Adaptive Server Anywhere from Sybase, but it must be similar. If you are using the Delphi BDE with ODBC set the "Server Name" to that of the name of the database server that is currently running.

We communicate with the database server via TCP/IP so the server is always broadcasting it's presence. Works like a charm.