Re: Oracle Security? - What Gives?

From: <oracle_at_nettwerk.com>
Date: 1998/08/26

Hi there-

This is how I fixed the problem.

The package drops the sequence using dynamic sql. I'm guessing here that when the sequence is dropped, any references made to that object, including permissions, are removed from the database. When it is recreated using dynamic sql, only the schema in which it resides has any privileges for it, because it is a completely new sequence.

I then re-grant the privileges to the role that needs access to it using dynamic sql.

This seems to work for me, hope it does for you.

......jeff Received on Wed Aug 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT