Re: Find Index definition for an Oracle table

From: OraCLeDbA <oracle_dba_at_zdnetmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 20:44:15 -0700

Try the following,

select a.column_name "Name of the Column", a.position "Position in the Index",
a.index_name "Name of the Index", b.uniqueness "Uniqueness"

from user_ind_columns a, user_indexes b
where a.index_name=b.index_name
where a.table_name =' XXX'

order by a.index_name, a.position;

This query will give you the type (unique/not unique) of the index, the number of columns in that index etc.

OraCLeDbA =>