Re: Automatic Locking

From: UnixDBA <unixdba_at_aol.com>
Date: 27 Aug 1998 03:21:10 GMT

When a user attempts to update or delete rows from a table, she acquires exclusive row level locks on the rows in question. Other queries which wish to access these rows for update or delete must wait until the first user finishes, unless the other users are issuing a select on the rows. In the case where the other users issue a select (which is a read-only transaction), they see the (not yet deleted) data for these rows which is stored in the rollback segments. Kopeche?