Re: minimum System Requirements

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 00:28:22 GMT

Hi Carolyn,

    Yes,

    I used to run Oracle 7.x on a P75 with 32MB under Windows 95. I have since upgraded to a P200 with 40MB of RAM and am triple booting Windows 95, Windows NT, and Linux. The P75 was more than adequate for a single user. One reason I chose Oracle, and recommend it, is that you can buy books such as Oracle Unleashed and Developing Oracle Applications with Developer 2000 from SAMS and they come complete with CDs containing trial versions of Oracle and (in the case of the later book) Developer 2000. The result is that for less than $60.00 you have an industrial strength RDBMS and a basic text/reference book. Yeah, the SAMS books are somewhat simplistic, but after all you are a beginner and you will have plenty to learn before you are ready for the O'Reilly and Associate and Oracle Press titles.

regards

Jerry