Re: Which database language to learn?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 19:35:53 -0400

Hi Carolyn,

    Why do you ask which you should learn?

    I think you should be asking which should I learn FIRST! Go out and talk to some headhunters, er, personnel placement counselors. Find out where the demand is best in the market you are in. Be aware that you are talking about two different classes of product. Both Oracle and MS-SQL where designed to be used as client/server systems while Access was intended to be a single user desktop DBMS..

    I recommend that you focus on either MS-SQL or Oracle and as soon as you are comfortable with your initial choice start learning the other.

regards

Jerry