Re: auto-start Oracle8 on NT

From: <sbenyo_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 00:03:35 +0200

Before starting the database with svrmgr, try running the command file: %ORACLE_HOME\database\strtSID.cmd

This script should start the database automatically. (there is a log file for this operation at %ORACLE_HOME\rdbmsXX\oradim80.log)

If this does not help, check the password written in this file. The password should be the same as for sys/internal.

If after this the database still doesn't come up, welcome to the club. I have this problem for about half a year & I no one knows the answer.

Good Luck

                        Shaul