Re: The Oracle Inconsistencies List -- please add to it!

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 16:01:30 GMT

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998 23:46:04 GMT, "David Sisk" <davesisk_at_ipass.net> wrote:

>I personally would be very happy if Oracle Corp:
>
>1) Stop delivering features that don't work yet (the Microsoft syndrom).
>2) Implement some of the hundreds of thousands of enhancement requests that
>they have received from customers. No one knows what's needed better than
>the people actually using the product.

You mean like additional isolation levels? Like the ability to let a query read committed transactions that occurred after the query started (to avoid SNAPSHOT TOO OLD ORA-1555).

BTW does anyone have a list of the definitions of isolation levels. --
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you. Received on Wed Aug 26 1998 - 11:01:30 CDT