sql.bsq is missing

From: <james_at_valhall.esrin.esa.it>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:39:36 GMT

When I attempted to create a new 7.3.4.2.0 database I got the error:

ORA-01501: CREATE DATABASE failed
ORA-01526: error in opening file '?/dbs/sql.bsq'

I went hunting for sql.bsq and found, for the four versions of Oracle installed on this unix server:

7.2.2: $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/sql.bsq
7.3.2: $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/sql.bsq
7.3.4: ** completely missing **
8.0.4: $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/sql.bsq

So it looks like in v8 the file has moved (no big problem) but for v7.3.4 I don't have the file at all... the problem is that I already have an instance running happily under 7.3.4 which was upgraded from 7.2.2 so I can't simply reinstall the product or I would blow that db away. What if I cp the sql.bsq file into $ORACLE_HOME/dbs from the installation CD? Has anybody seen this problem before?

Thanks in advance,
 James