Oracle SQL Query

From: <peterlightburn_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 07:35:47 GMT

We are developing in a web environment using Oracle 7.3 and connecting via JDBC. We have an SQL statement which works in Oracle SQL worksheet but cannot be handled by JDBC. I am certain that there is another way of performing the query, maybe using outer joins, but I cannot work out the syntax. The following query accesses 4 tables and returns a resultset even if there is no data in a joined table - but it does not work using JDBC !!!

select links.link_no, companies.com_name, companies.company_no, links.lnk_dat, links.lnk_text, lnktypetab.lnktype_des, lnkreastab.lnkreas_des from companies, links, lnktypetab, lnkreastab where companies.company_no = links.company_no (+) and links.lnktype_cod = lnktypetab.lnktype_cod (+) and links.lnkreas_cod = lnkreastab.lnkreas_cod (+) and companies.com_name = ‘Company Name’ order by links.lnk_dat;

Is there anyone out there who can help me ??.

Peter Lightburn