Re: Can't connect internal in svrmgrl, oracle8

From: Omar Siddique <omar_at_umbc.edu>
Date: 25 Aug 1998 23:24:12 -0400

Apologies for following up to my own post, but I found the answer, and since I saw people ask the same question in Dejanews but no specific answers, I wanted to share.

The file $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/config.c was set up with the dba group set to "mips" instead of dba, despite my having specified dba (which was the default group name) and the documentation indicating dba as the default as well. This problem appears to have gone away after I changed the above file and did a "make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle".

-omar