Upgrade from v7.2.2 to v7.3.4

From: Winnie Liu <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 18:45:47 -0700

Due to the upgrade the OS from Dynix 2.6 to Dynix 4.0. As the same time, we want to upgrade the Oracle database from v7.2.2 to v7.3.4. Here is the procedure:

  1. Do a cold backup of the whole database
  2. Install v7.3.4 to another ORACLE_HOME directory
  3. Copy the control files, init.ora file to a new directory
  4. edit the init.ora file to point to the new controlfile
  5. start svrmgrl and connect as internal
  6. mount (or nomount?) the new version of the database
  7. Run the script cat734.sql (?) <-not sure about the name of the script, need help here to update the data dictionary from v7.2.2 to v7.3.4.
  8. Open the database

Can any one tell me if I miss any important step here at all?

Any advice is welcome! =>

Winnie Received on Tue Aug 25 1998 - 20:45:47 CDT