Re: SQL Command Not Properly Ended (ORA-00933)

From: <steve_dennis_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 22:33:26 GMT

Thanks. I figured out the "AS" problem by looking at the tracing. Anything after "AS" was cut off. I guess "AS" is like "DISTINCTROW" in Access, which is not often useful. I think it works in Rdb though. It would be nice if the Oracle error message was more accurate in this case. BTW, is there an equivalent to the "FIRST" or "LAST" grouping availabe in MS Access? It can be quite useful, but it won't work in Rdb.

Still can't see how the Pass-Through works without the semi-colon: can't see anything in the tracing that helps. I'm getting used to Oracle slowly but surely. Thanks everyone for your help.