Migration Utility doesn't work on Oracle 8.0.4.1.0??

From: River <river_at_ipoline.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 19:30:54 GMT

Has anyone applied the Oracle8 patch to bring it up to V8.0.4.1.0?? In the patch note it indicated:

"When migrating a database from an earlier release, for instance 7.3  to 8.0, you must complete the database migration to the 8.0.4  maintenance release prior to applying this patch set.; You cannot  perform the 8.0.4 migration after a patch set has been installed."

Is this specific to NCR servers?? Did anyone try using the migration utility under Oracle 8.0.4.1.0?? I called Oracle TechSupport hoping to get more info on their statement but they just told me to follow the instruction. The problem is according to their warning I should wait until ALL databases on the server are migrated to 8.0.4.0 before I can apply this patch, once applied, don't ever consider migrating another database.

Please advise.... Thanks.

River Received on Tue Aug 25 1998 - 14:30:54 CDT