Re: Dropping tablespace (create zero-block tablespace)

From: <gpapillo_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 18:57:07 GMT

I posted this before, but I didn't see it here so I'm re-posting it. I also had something to add.....

You can create a tablespace that is less than or equal to your block size, this will prevent any objects from being created in this tablespace, 2K has always worked for us. (Not exactly a 0 block tablespace) This will do the trick for creating the tablespace.

In order to change a users default tablespace you must pre-create the user the new default tablespace. Make sure that the user does not have the system privilege UNLIMITED TABLESPACE and give the users a quota on both tablespaces (old and new) using the alter user statement. I always use UNLIMITED when importing.

Gerri L. Papillon, President/Oralce DBA PTCS Corp.