Using PL/SQL Web SDK to Display Non-Default Languages

From: <lawrenceman_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 05:03:57 GMT

Hi,

I'm evaluating Oracle Web Server 3.0 running on NT 4.0 SP3. How may I display web pages that contains Chinese (or other languages) not specified during the installation, from PL/SQL stored proc. ?

I find that the Chinese characters, either printed using htp.print, or from the database, are displayed as question marks. The character set I use for the database is AMERICAN_AMERICA.ZHT16BIG5.

The web server can display static pages (from html files) that contain such characters properly.

I tried to configure the language settings of the listener to include additional character sets, but the result is still same.

I also tried to vary the encoding of the browser, but still fail.

TIA, Lawrence Man