Re: Passing retrieval arguments to DW stored procedure

From: Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] <bruce.armstrong_at_eudoramail.com>
Date: 1998/08/24

You can't call a procedure within a package directly from a datawindow. What you need to do is write a 'wrapper' stand-alone procedure that calls the one in the package. You then call that from the datawindow.

In article <6rl2g6$rnf$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   vick9935_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> I am getting an ORA-20004 "Syntax error attempting to parse..." when passing a
> retrieval argument to an Oracle stored procedure.
>
> My "execute" statement is the following:
>
> execute dbowner.my_pack.my_proc(:as_user);0
>
> This same datawindow can successfully execute the stored procedure when I do
> not pass a retrieval argument (hardwiring the value into the stored procedure
> SQL). My procedure declaration, within my package body, includes the
> following:
>
> procedure my_proc (avc_user in varchar2,rc in out rc_type ) as
> begin
> OPEN rc FOR SELECT ROUND((SUM(NVL((CURRENT_BUDGET_PROJ *
> PCT_TASK_BUDGET)/100,0)))/1000,0) MonthDollar,
> .
> .
> .
> WHERE USERID = avc_user
> .
> .
> .
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,
>
> --
> Brian in Seattle
>
> A person who smiles in the face of adversity...probably has a scapegoat.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]
Preach the gospel at all times.
If necessary, use words.[Francis of Assisi]