TNSLSNR Does not start

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 20:11:51 GMT

21-AUG-1998 Hi guys n gals,
I recently installed Oracle 7.3.3 on Solaris 2.6 release 5/98. When I tried to start the listener, I got the following messages:

TNSLSNR for Solaris: Version 2.3.3.0.0 - Production NL-00462: error loading parameter file /var/opt/oracle/listener.ora NL-00405: cannot open parameter file
SNL-00821: nlfncons: file does not exist Solaris Error: 2: No such file or directory

I have an idea to resolving the problem, but I want to hear other angles on this. My idea is to create a TNS_ADMIN variable and point it to the listener.ora file. Also, when I completed the install, /var/opt/oracle didn't exists...anyone know why???

thanks in advance,
Satar Naghshineh
satarnag_at_microcad.com